The CityRadar is designed and optimised for counting bicycles and pedestrians on dedicated or mixed paths.
The unit is optimal for all Active Travel applications without the need for in-ground sensors, making it quick and easy to install for both temporary and permanent installations.
The CityRadar is configured for three types of traffic situations: Dedicated bicycle paths, Dedicated pedestrian paths or a Mixed bicycle and pedestrian paths.
Data Capture Capabilities
The CityRadar can provide a number of high granularity data insights such as:
- Hourly number of observations, by direction and type
- Classification – pedestrian and bicycle
- Lane number
- Gap & Headway
- Time stamp
High Granularity Data Insights
Click to enlarge
Installation and Technology
- Very easy to install
- Non-intrusive technology
- No work in live carriageways
- No in-ground sensors
- Free Android, Bluetooth Setup App
- Robust and weatherproof design
- Built in 3G/4G modem
- Mains, PoE, battery or solar powered
The primary purpose of CityRadar is to collect traffic data. The CityRadar is purpose built for directional and simultaneous counting of bicycles and pedestrians.
The CityRadar is designed without traditional low speed cut-out filters to be able to very accurately handle both dedicated and mixed paths with cycles and pedestrians. The detection of cycles and pedestrians can even be done with a backdrop of normal road traffic.
The CityRadar is reliable, cost effective and has an extensive operational life compared to traditional inductive loops. Traffic planners can rely on TagMaster’s CityRadar to manage bicycle traffic flows.
Android & Windows based applications are available for configuration, live validation, and data collection.
Why use TagMaster CityRadar
- Accurate measurement with classification of travellers
- Monitors time, number of passing individuals, both pedestrians and bicycles
- Lane designation, direction of travel, reverse vehicle flags
- Real time data transfer or historic survey (file download)
- Unique range finding algorithm tracks the actual position of all targets and mitigates over count
- Manages several lanes, same or opposite direction
- Monitors each lane separately
This guide gives advice and best practice about how to set up and use the TagMaster CityRadar, ensuring maximum performance and satisfaction.
Download the complete CityRadar Setup Guide here: