The next generation in traffic monitoring
With the launch of Compact, TagMaster introduces the latest generation of technology into the marketplace for traffic monitoring. The Compact has been specifically aimed at the traditional count classifier requirements. Capable of running multiple survey types simultaneously, with provision for inputs of up to 16 inductive loops, the Compact is capable of handling the majority of traffic monitoring requirements in a simple, easy to use stand-alone system utilising 3G/4G communications with battery or solar power options.
The unit has Bluetooth for installation and configuration. It is also supported by a modern and very well-designed Android app for easy setup. Alternatively, can the COLLECT software provide a simple user interface for the configuration and management of the device. This provides all the tools needed for site installation and commissioning, site validation and fault diagnostics as well as manual data collection if required.
The Compact uses embedded inductive loops in the road surface for long-term data collection. It provides an economical and effective solution for monitoring anything from a one-lane road to a sixteen-lane high-speed highway and achieves a vehicle count in excess of 99% accuracy.
Designed to meet the needs of traffic data collection schemes in various locations, the Compact distinguishes vehicles as they drive across inductive loops embedded in the road surface. With supreme precision, dependability and adaptability the Compact can be used in both slow and fast moving traffic environments, making it perfect for many traffic applications.
The Compact is compatible with all TagMaster Traffic Monitoring software products and is UTMC compatible in conjunction with the Catalyst. There is also an option of a Rest API running as a Docker image.
- Permanent real-time traffic monitoring – the compact uses inductive loops embedded in the road surface for long-term data collection.
- The sophisticated embedded algorithms ensure that the vehicle length measurement is highly accurate, allowing for Individual vehicle records (Vehicle By Vehicle classification)
- Road safety audits
Individual vehicle speeds are recorded along with time stamps and lane designation to allow for gap analysis (time in seconds between vehicles) to be reported against speed limit violations to quickly identify dangerous driving behaviour on the road network.
- Transport planning and road modelling – Using a combination of the various data collection reports allow transport planners and road modellers to carry out their jobs.
- Traffic adaptive lighting projects –
Permanently installed Inductive Loops can provide real-time data feeds for use beyond simply capturing traffic data. Streaming this data to street lighting providers allows for judgments to be formed on whether to reduce lighting levels on specific roads based on live traffic flow data for energy saving objectives.
Alternatively, if a route becomes much busier due to an unforeseen route diversion, street lights can be brightened to illuminate the roads better for a safer road network.
- Speed & flow congestion monitoringLive traffic data streamed from the Compact to the VDA-Net platform permits live speed and flow data to be checked and alerts produced on the SmartMap when abnormal flow conditions are found on the network.
Utilizing this data to feed third party live traffic modelling applications, allows for green light optimisation to take place to endeavour to relieve congestion and decrease emissions.
- Solar powered for long-term data collection
- Combined vehicle and cycle monitoring capabilities
- Estimated emissions reporting when used with the TagMaster software suite with embedded Emissions Factors Toolkit