The TrafficRadar is designed and optimized for Smart City applications:
- Temporary or periodic counting
- Permanent counting
- Traffic information systems
Data Capture Capabilities
• Accurate measurement with VBV Classification
• Monitors speed, length classification and gap analysis
• Lane designation, direction of travel, reverse vehicle flags
• Real time or historic survey (file download)
• Unique range finding algorithm tracks the actual position of all targets and mitigates over count
• Manages two lanes of traffic, same or opposite direction
• Monitors each lane separately
High Granularity Data Insights – Survey Data Example
The TrafficRadar can provide a number of high granularity data insights such as:
• Speed vs. Vehicle classification
• Educational vs. Enforcement Speed Violations
• Unsafe Gap vs. High Speed
• Lane Discipline vs. Peak Traffic Flows
Click to enlarge
State of the art, non-intrusive, VBV classification
The TrafficRadar (previously Black Cat) unit allows for the collection of traffic data without the need for in-road sensors. The product can monitor two lanes of traffic travelling in the same or opposite direction, monitoring each lane separately. The advanced embedded algorithms ensure that the vehicle length measurement is highly accurate, allowing for Vehicle By Vehicle (VBV) classification.
Multiple powers sources
The device can either be battery* powered for short term surveys. It can also be mains- or solar powered for permanent installations.
*As batteries are consumables and their lifetime is subject to handling and maintenance, the batteries are not included as part of the standard product warranty.
Units comes with a 3G/4G modem and users can specify the way data is collected. It can record either VBV or binned data and can log the data both historically and in real-time. In historical mode the TrafficRadar waits for the user to collect the data, in real-time mode it sends the data automatically to the server at user configurable time periods.
Benchmark: Radar vs Loops
With the advancements of the TagMaster TrafficRadar, which utilises the latest radar technology, it is now possible to detect and record two individual lanes of traffic travelling in the same direction, for example half a dual carriageway with an individual channel per lane. In light of this we feel it’s important to measure the performance against a conventional inductive loop site. There are almost always obscuration issues when dealing with Radar Outstations due to high sided near side traffic, however thanks to state-of-the-art platoon splitting algorithms the majority of far side traffic can now be correctly resolved. Due to the advances in technology and hardware developments for dual carriageway operation, the TrafficRadar has also inherited advanced single carriageway performance.
TrafficRadar Statistic document for download